Thursday, July 21, 2005

*.dwg

for em it was always a short form of drawing...it is even the format in which autocad saves a drawing *.dwg...well by now if one is a regular visitor to my blog they must have noticed a strong use of the *...seriously speaking I really don't know why is it coming out like that...maybe because at a lot of instances you feel that you haven't said enough...and while writing you look for the right word...and sometimes it doesn't come to your mind so I put * so that it can be any word of the reader's choice that fits the context...it gives me flexibility and the reader too...I think it should be used more often...as words can mean a lot and interpreted in a lot of ways...so dwg...

for example last night dwg was = dubai writer's group, in my office dwg = a drawing, or in a factory dwg can be = daily wages group or something... so basically the context changes it...oh it could even be a typing error by a person who was trying to write dig or something...(but then 'i' and 'w' are too far apart) just a thought it could be anything I should even use it as an error...I think thats a brilliant idea...doing a calculated error at a precise moment (I just did)...to reflect uneasiness or the pace of a situation...hmmm...interesting...

...anyway...so I was at the first (my first) meeting of the Dubai Writer's Group some 8th meetup or something...the group is fresh of individuals ranging from professional writers to free-lancers and publicists and editors and da da da...with interesting people like a wrist-watch designer, a surgeon cum poet, a very proper businessman, a writer who actually carried a laptop and tapped down words during the meeting, a female who's a biographer and others who have been published in some form or the other...interesting ideas came up of how to create a focus line for such a group...and we decided to present part of our works in the next meeting for criticism and feedback so it was ok...almost all of them are currently working on something or the other...finally I found some people who made some sense in Dubai...

...till later in the day if I get back...I have 2 meetings and a friend visitor transitting Dubai in the afternoon so...take care friends...m.

1 Comments:

Blogger MARIAM SUHAIL said...

Ok.
I agree with the bit about making a deliberate error. I think that kind of play is just brilliant.
I'm glad you've found a writer's group, though such things usually freak the shit out of me, but i guess you're a writer so ....BUT STILL...
but its great.
the coincidence with DWG is just too good..what does it stand for in Autocad? Drawing? jsut checking.
and one more thing..
just a thought.
i think the pause button on life has been turned off ..its still not on play, i think its gone to slow mode, definitely off of pause.
i'm such a child sometimes.

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home