Friday, January 20, 2006

happy birthday

happy birthday to mariam sohail abbasi

a close friend of mine... an ally... like bush to mush...*
she's a wonderful-wonderful person**

a sculptor an average one... or maybe I haven't seen her work as much... that shows how close we were in school... but I like her prints... all of them including the finger-prints...
a good thinking artist...

she was online right now on MSN but she got busy I think without saying a BRB
she's was born in ISL came to KHI to inspire and be inspired
she's now in LHR busy teaching in BNU
and she's back on the MSN saying she has a bad flu...

I'll quote unquote:

north west elevation says:
have the flu reallly really bad

I distinctly remember the times we've been together... in school when I was graduating (finally)... at the farewell... at her 25th birthday at chacha's place (in khi)... also a couple of times that I visited Islamabad at her brother's wedding... and once afterwards (on a business trip)

I miss talking to people like her now... and share thoughts/ideas/life... these days we only type and edit and type more to communicate... to even the closest friends... being away is tough... and when you get back home everything has changed... like now she's going to be in khi in March and I can only travel in late June I think...

... and she's beautiful I must add... when I think of her I think of bright colors... she even looks good in black... a very few women have left such remarkable scribblings on my memory as she has...

... I hope she gets what she wants out of life... as life usually happens around her...

happy birthday once again!

love... m.


*who'll be ahmednijad? I wonder (he's my hero these days: a blog on him very soon)
**refer to the song Black's 'Wonderful life' for how the 'wonderful' is used in the paricular sentence

1 Comments:

Blogger MARIAM SUHAIL said...

i'm a kick ass sculptor!
in school you thought i was an architecture student till i almost graduated.
aray bhaee..kya....aray mein samjha tum architecture perh rahi ho..hainnnn????
senile.
and thankyou for the birthday wish. and all of it.

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home