Tuesday, December 20, 2005

about a girl

...i've met this interesting female lately... or rather discovered...

(and just these 2 lines would have raised a lot of eye-brows... and smiles... and 'not again' sighs in the audience)

...but I'll go on and describe as far as I've known her... she's round-about my age... belongs to a completely different world nonetheless... and all the conversations we've had uptil now... I've not come to any definite conclusions about the character yet except for that, that she made me stop and think of what she said or did a number of times... as in the other cases of the women I've liked... ladies and gentlemen of the jury (as Nabokov would say in Lolita) this case differs on a number of levels... it starts to differ right from the mezzanine level I should say... but I'll shed some light on the levels that have a direct access to the building that I live in...

1. she's a thinker... and is mostly quiet... when a lot of people usually carry the same point of view about me.... so all the conversations we've had were initiated by me and eveybody knows how boring that can get after a while... specially when I try to pull jokes that only ali alam understands...

2. she's a good observer and is a sensitive person... hence she writes well... like I try to write but not quite like her... her writings are more down to earth... even though she doesn't write fiction but the way she describes her own life in writing is remarkable... she's a natural and you see more realism when it comes to that.... and I'm not talking about a person who makes up anything or has any huge theories or ideologies about life... she' s simply writing about herself... and thats it!

3. she's definitely a fighter... by the experiences she's had in life... and how she's fought for where she is today and how she struggles everyday...

1.b.. let me explain the extent of her silence yet again... her silence expands beyond herself... and fills up rooms and slides under the doors like smoke to fill up the corridors and out of the windows... then there are fire alarms and sprinklers showering everything under... and when she speaks, the atmospheric pressure her silence created, has a reverse effect and she attracts everything towards her... she always has this magnetic field around her... but only metals respond...

4. she's failed a number of times in her life... and that makes her even stronger everytime she gets back on the ascending staircase...

...thats about her and the search is on...until next time friends and lovers... live in peace... m.

p.s. I also have to write about a dream that I had last night... I just remembered when I wrote about her ever ascending staircase... its about a ladder that I need to take to get to a restaurant... and I ask a black guy in suit to lead me...